Beekeeping Club Open Days
2022 – Saturday, 9th July
- Enjoy a fascinating afternoon 11.00am – 4.00pm
- Central Lancaster location
- Free and open to all: families, disabled, prospective beekeepers and shoppers
- Buy Local honey
- Craft stalls
- Genuine Beeswax candles
- Beeswax furniture polish
- Tea, coffee and cakes
- Speak with local beekeepers
- Learn if you can keep bees in your garden
- Watch honey bees in our observation hive
- Enjoy a walk in our own wildflower meadow
- Learn about our own Lune Valley Long BeeHive
- Ask about our training sessions
- Watch the bees in our breeding apiaries
- Information about honey bees and pollination
Each year, on the second Saturday in July, we hold our Open Day from 11-00am to 4-00pm. Everyone is welcome, especially families, and admission and car parking are free.
In addition to accessing a wide range of information about honey bees, pollination, bee mythology and our activities, you can safely watch live bees at work in our observation hive and explore the inside of a bee hive (without bees)!
Our marquees contain a range of stalls selling local honey, wax crafts and products, and plants for bees, as well as a range of refreshments.
Put the date in your diary, we would love to see you.
Our 2021 Open Day
Below are photos from our successful 2021 Open Day where local beekeepers sold their own genuine local honey, we gained new club members, beekeeping course participants, and shared our strong enthusiasm for natural beekeeping … and cake.