Our Open Days
Each year, on the second Saturday in July, we hold our Open Day from 11-00am to
4-00pm. Everyone is welcome, especially families, and admission and car parking are free.
In addition to accessing a wide range of information about honey bees, pollination, bee mythology and our activities, you can safely watch live bees at work in our observation hive and explore the inside of a bee hive (without bees)!
You will be able to:
- Speak with local beekeepers
- Learn if you can keep bees in your garden
- Watch honey bees in our observation hive
- Enjoy a walk in our own wildflower meadow
- Learn about our own Lune Valley Long Hive
- Ask about our training sessions
- Watch the bees in our breeding apiaries
- Information about honey bees and pollination
- Learn about honey bee mythology
Our marquees contain a range of stalls selling:
|· Beeswax candles||· Local honey|
|· Beeswax furniture polish||· Tea, coffee, cakes|
|· Craft stalls||· Barbecue|
|· Plants for bees||· Honey doughnuts|
Put the date in your diary, we would love to see you.
Here are some photographs from earlier Open Days: